Rosetta Stone is expensive. The five levels of Spanish Latin America cost hundreds of dollars. So why would anyone spend that much money when there has to be a cheaper way to learn a language?
I can't speak for everybody, but I bought it because I don't know of a less expensive way that I can learn a foreign language in the privacy of my home. Rosetta Stone is a trusted company and online reviews are mostly favorable. I was also able to set up my children with their own login so they can also learn Spanish at their own pace.
I am currently on level one, unit three, lesson one. I took one year of Spanish in high school so I know some of the basics. Well, I can count to twelve and say hi and bye. High school was over 20 years ago.
All of the lessons before unit three were really easy for me. There is a lot of repetition. You don't get a list of vocabulary words to study. Instead, Rosetta Stone shows you pictures of the words. There is no translation, just a picture. You learn how to speak the new language like babies learn, by hearing things identified. The software has many multiple choice questions, where they say a word or phrase and you pick the correct picture. You also get a chance to speak the words. The program will let you keep trying until you get it right. I've had to try a few of the words more than a few times. Rosetta Stone does not get angry with me, it just lets me try again.
Unit 3 is proving to be more of a challenge for me. I'll let you know how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment